Join Me Today: Mindful Kids Peace Summit
Today is Day Two of an incredible week-long line-up of speakers. Jennifer Miller of Confident Parents, Confident Kids will be talking with fourteen-year-old founder of Wuf Shanti, Adam Avin beginning at 1:00 p.m. EST today. The photo above appears like Jennifer is singing. Will she sing? Find out!!!! 🙂 Indeed it was a treat to talk to such a wise, compassionate teen who is taking action to make the world a better place!
How To Fit In and Stand Out; Being a Confident Teen
Tweens and teens report that one of the greatest challenges they face are social pressures from friends, classmates and other peers. There’s pressure to be like others, to be interested in what others are interested in, and to spend your time like everyone else does. But most tweens and teens don’t fit the narrow identity those peers may assign them. How do you fit in and stand out? How do you define your unique identity under the watchful eye of peers? How do you stand your ground but also, have a solid group of friends? Jennifer Miller will share some key lessons from successful social and emotional skill and mindfulness strategies that will build confidence and relationships.
Today’s theme is Peace: Kindness and Anti-Bullying (Stop the Violence). Some of the topics and speakers include:
- Stressed Teens: Riding the Stress Wave by Speaker Gina M. Biegel, MA, LMFT
- Actor Wayne Brady from the Child Mind Institute
- Breathing Love Into Communities by Speaker Ross Robinson of the Holistic Life Foundation
- How Did Your Life Change After the Tragedy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Parkland? by Parkland Teachers and Students
- Actress Emma Stone from the Child Mind Institute
- Mindfulness In Schools: Coping with Trauma: Manchester by speakers Emily and Jo Brierly
- Coping with the Aftermath of Tragedy and Stopping the Violence: Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Parkland by Parkland Teachers and Students
- Girls Against Bullying Girls: Teens Stand Up, Speak Out by speaker Elayna Hasty
- David Lynch Foundation with Paul McCartney
- Mindful Schools Video: Into Light
- Dealing with Grief as a Teen by speaker Heather Stang, MA, C-IAYT
- Actor Mark Ruffalo with Child Mind Institute
- How Adults Talk Trash – How to Handle Negative Self-Talk When It Originates from an Adult in Your Life by speaker Jennifer Fraser
- Your Three Anti-Bullying Mantras by speaker Dr. Lee Ann Gray
- We Are All One by speaker John Shearer
- How to Handle Bullying and Cyberbullying in School by speaker Alexandra Penn
- Stand Up for Yourself and Your Friends by speaker Patti Criswell
- Understanding the Relationship between Shame and Bullying by speaker Dr. Laura Martocci
And this is just one out of five days of incredible content! Support this valuable initiative by joining today for free!