Top Parenting Book Recommended by Greater Good Science Center!
“As a parent, grandparent, and teacher, I found this book to be deeply inspiring and insightful.” – Trouble
“This book is a must read for parents – new, old, male, female. Teaching parents to be confident in their craft, to raise confident children and to completely transform their way of thinking is really an amazing thing. If I could, I would recommend this book to most parents that I know.” – Paigii
“As an educator who is researching Social-Emotional Learning and a parent of a 4 and 6 year old, this book is perfect. The book explains very well our natural tendencies based on our own experiences but also gives practical advice on how to support without enabling your child. Great read for educators and parents alike.” – Adam Shields
Confident Parents, Confident Kids lays out an approach for helping parents—and the kids they love—hone their emotional intelligence so that they can make wise choices, connect and communicate well with others (even when patience wears thin), and become socially competent and confident human beings.
- The myths we’ve been told about emotions, how they shape our choices, and how we can reshape our parenting decisions in better alignment with our deepest values.
- How to identify the temperaments your child was born with so you can support those tendencies rather than fight them.
- How to align your biggest hopes and dreams for your kids with specific skills that can be practiced, along with new research to support those powerful connections.
- About each age and stage your child goes through and the range of learning opportunities available.
- How to identify and manage those big emotions (that only the parenting process can bring out in us!) and how to model emotional intelligence for your children.
- How to alter challenging patterns we fall into responding to turnaround even our toughest moments into teachable ones.
Available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.